Sonja Nichols candidate for NC Senate District 37 was interviewed by the Mecklenburg Evening Republican Women’s Club.
If elected what are your top three priorities?
- Getting North Carolina back to work, including bringing jobs (particularly manufacturing) back to North Carolina (Pro-Business)
- Making sure Education stays a top priority
- Working on Affordable Healthcare and Affordable Housing (policies that are a safety net, not a way of life)
What experience do you have that qualifies you for the position?
- I have an accounting background and an MBA in Information Systems. I have the ability to quickly look at numbers and help determine if we are financially moving in a positive direction.
- I worked for IBM as a Systems Engineer. I know how to analyze a situation and work to determine the best solution to make things work. I have a strong desire to FIX THINGS (not waste a lot of time talking about things to death)
- I have worked as a Small Business Owner for several years and completely understand the headaches and complexities of making a small business viable. I understand completely what is being experienced by small businesses all over the country as we work to recover from the COVID-19 shutdown.
- I have a solid set of leadership skills, having led several large non-profits organizations here in Charlotte, including
- Past President of Women’s Impact Fund
- Past President of Good Friends
- Past President of the South Charlotte Chapter of Jack & Jill of America
Why have you decided to run for office?
- Having served in the non-profit world for many years, I have been able to see first-hand the many needs of those suffering and struggling in our community. Who is advocating for them on the state level? I want to be able to not only advocate for them, I also want to advocate on behalf of the non-profits who support them. I believe the non-profits in our communities understand what is going on better than big government. We need to support them.
- Owning a small business, I completely understand the trials and tribulations of the struggles many face as they try so hard to make their businesses viable. I want to be at the table making sure we have policies and legislation that encourages and supports a strong pro-business environment, for both small and large businesses.
- Instead of always complaining about what I think our elected officials ought to do, I have decided to step up and actually be willing to do the work. I truly have a newfound respect for those willing to run for office.
Please provide a couple of sentences about your personal life?
- I am a wonderful wife, marvelous mother, small business owner, very busy member of the Charlotte Community for the last 20 years, and your Candidate for the NC State Senate!
- I am a…
- Compassionate Conservative
- Christian Conservative
- Caring Conservative
- Concerned Conservative
- Charitable Conservative
- Community Advocate Conservative
To learn more about Sonja Nichols visit her website and facebook page. Please forward this email to your friends!